We build relationships with the girls on the street and mama sans in the red-light districts of Hong Kong, namely, Wan Chai, Yuen Long, and Temple St. Every week, we share small gifts with them and speak truth into their lives and bring hope that comes from our Lord Jesus Christ.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven Matthew 5:16
Get involved in SP Lights today!
- We partner with Sons & Daughters (https://sonsanddaughtershk.org), a HK based Ministry, to reach out to the people working in the red-light district on a weekly basis.
- Become a befriender at our Drop-In facility in Wanchai to build deeper relationships with the girls, hang out and pray with them.
- We aim to bring hope and love to those who are living under bondage through deeper engagement with the girls and those who work in these bars, ultimately pointing them towards the freedom available in Jesus Christ.
- You can partner with us in a number of ways:
- Temple Street Outreach: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays 8:30pm
- Wanchai Outreach: 1st and 3rd Thursdays 12:45pm and 9pm
- Drop-In Sessions: Wednesdays 5-7pm
- Prayer Meetings: Tuesdays 1-2pm, and every first and third Thursday of the month 8-9pm (before Wanchai Outreach)
- Baking: sign up to provide baked goods for us to give out on outreach
- Lead worship: commit to leading a worship session once a week
Why We Do What We Do
- Hong Kong is a transit and destination territory for human trafficking from countries such as China, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Colombia.
- Human trafficking is the fastest growing criminal industry, generating an estimated $150+ billion USD per year, 99 billion of which is generated by sex trafficking within the prostitution industry. “Human Trafficking by the Numbers.” human rights first, 7 Jan. 2017, https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resource/human-trafficking-numbers
- Several studies show that between 66-90% of women in the sex industry were sexually abused as children.
- Women in the sex industry experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) at rates equivalent to the vetrans of combat war. “Research on Women, Trauma and PTSD.” U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, 14 Oct. 2019, https://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/treat/specific/ptsd_research_women.asp
- 89% of women in the sex industry said they wanted to escape but felt that they had no other means of survival. “Criminalize Only the Buying of Sex.” The New York Times, 24 Aug. 2015, https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/04/19/is-legalized-prostitution-safer/criminalize-buying-not-selling-sex
For more information, please email [email protected]