Why do we have safeguarding?
- SPHK is committed to providing a safe physical, emotional and spiritual environment where all congregants can encounter God’s love and practice loving others.
- This environment should be rooted in Christlike love, mutual submission, and respect for all people.
- We are all imperfect and incidents may arise where people are hurt or distressed by the acts of others. Awareness, prevention and reporting is an essential part of creating such an environment.
- We CARE about you and about the church.
LOVE ONE ANOTHER. AS I HAVE LOVED YOU, SO YOU MUST LOVE ONE ANOTHER. BY THIS EVERYONE WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES, IF YOU LOVE ONE ANOTHER.John 13: 34-35
What is Safeguarding?
- The new Safeguard Policy aims to establish clear reporting guidelines and defined roles of those responsible for handling the reports.
- Congregants can report incidents of inappropriate behaviour towards anyone within the church, particularly towards children and vulnerable adults.
- Safeguarding matters to everyone. While the primary focus of our Policy is the protection of children and vulnerable adults, we want to ensure that all members of SPHK have the appropriate channels for safeguarding if needed.
How does it work at SP?
The SPHK Safeguard Policy sets out a framework and process for dealing with safeguarding matters.
If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected]